Tuesday, February 11, 2014

5 Thousand Dollars Bread -五千元的老式面包

               





After browsing through Victoria  Bakes  and  here, they really made me want to try making this bread so much. I sincerely thank Lee Shifu for sharing her expensive recipe with us. Lee Shifu had spent four years tracking this recipe and spent more than 4 thousand dollars to buy it. I am very thankful because I don't have to spend a single cent nor energy to get this recipe. I also want to thank Victoria for translating and sharing this awesome recipe with us.

These are the sweet buns. They are soft and so good to eat.

Recipe:

Ingredients: (Below is half of the original recipe)
Starter dough:
105 g bread flour
45 g plain flour
12 g castor sugar
3 g instant yeast (1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp)
120 g water

Main Dough:
105 g bread flour
45 g  plain  flour
48 g sugar
1/2 tsp salt
12 g milk powder
45 g egg
27 g water
36 g unsalted butter, softened

Method:
1)  Mix and combine all the stater dough ingredients together. Allow to sit in a warm place to rise till it looks like "honeycomb". (It took me 2 hours).

2) In a mixer with a dough hook, combine the above with main dough ingredients except butter,  knead till it is shinny and non-sticky.  Add in butter, knead till it is shinny and pliable.

3)  Rest the dough till it doubles in size. ( for my own reference only: about 60 minutes).

4)  After dough has risen, punch down gas and without resting dough ,divide it into 6 equal portions and roll each into round shape. Place them on a lightly greased baking pan (18 cm x 28 cm).

5) Allow to rise till doubles in size (for my own reference only: about 45 minutes - 60 minutes)

6)  Brush with egg wash. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 25 - 30 minutes.







5 comments:

  1. omg!!! you even wrote the words on your bread!!! this is soooooo cuttttteeeee!!! 服了!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very impressive. I like how you wrote on the buns. I have bookmarked this recipe fr Victoria Bakes and waiting for the chance to make it,

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there is typo error in your recipes instead of flour you wrote sugar and 12 tsp salt should be half tsp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Iris, thank you for pointing out my typo error.. I have corrected.

      Delete